Curlfriends: Tyesha!

Why did you decide to go natural?

I decided to go natural in 2002 because I realized there was no need for me to relax my hair. I only got my hair relaxed every 3-4 months. My new growth would easily straighten when blow dried and pressed and I had been wearing my hair in "big styles" such as twist and braid outs. It made no sense for me to process it. I transitioned with kinky twists and continuing the twist and braid outs. I eventually cut it to a teeny fro. 


What stage of life were you in when you went natural?

I was a freshman in college. I was away at Penn State in Altoona and decided to go natural on my Spring Break. 





What has been the best compliment you've received on your natural hair?

The best compliments I have received are from those family members who say I inspired them to go natural. Not all wear their hair in its natural state but many women in my family stopped relaxing their hair.



What is the one tip you would give a new natural? 

The one tip I would give a new natural is to learn your hair for yourself. There will be so many suggestions and tips and it can be overwhelming. What works for one may not work for you. It is all about trial and error.


Do you feel like you are part of the natural hair community?

On a wide scale, I do not feel I am a part of the natural community. I do follow many blogs and pages of naturals and those prominent in the natural hair community. However, locally, within my group of friends and family, I do feel I am. I am a go-to source for tips and styles.


Has your natural hair has influenced other parts of your life?

Being natural has influenced me mainly in helping me with my self confidence. I am often stopped and questioned or complimented on my hair. My family and friends are always excited to see  the new things I do new or the results of a new routine.  It makes me feel good to be able to share my journey and open up about who I am. 


What are your top three hair products or tools?  

 My top 3: 

- Raw shea butter 
- Olive oil
- Hair combs (the kind used for up dos)


What is your go-to style?

My go to style is a spur of the moment chunky twist out. I love twists in general because of the versatility they bring, like my favorite style of all, a curly mohawk.


If you would like to contact Tyesha, her information is provided below:

IG: acprincess16  & mizryd84
Twitter : acprincess16
YouTube: mizryd84 
Facebook Business Page: https://www.facebook.com/acphotography2012

You have read this article with the title Curlfriends: Tyesha!. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2014/03/curlfriends-tyesha.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Sunday, March 16, 2014

Comments "Curlfriends: Tyesha!"

Post a Comment