Hairstyle: Today's Hair - 3/12


Early in the week I rocked two huge puffs, but yesterday I was ready for a change. I realized that I've never done a style with flat twisted or braided up sides (like a faux hawk), and I figured that yesterday was as good a time as any to try. 

After 40 minutes, a comb, and about 10 hair pins I ended up with this...



I kind of love it...and all that I imagine it can be. In its current state, I:

1) Parted the hair from about my temples to right behind the ear on each side of my head;

2) Formed four (4) flat twists in each section to just behind the ear, and twisted the hanging pieces to the end;

3) I repeated step 2 on the other side;

4) I pinned up the sides as I decided what to do with the rest of my hair;

5) I decided to do rows of large double-strand or two-strand twists. I ended up with 14 twists (4 rows of 3 twists and one row of 2 twists in the very back);

6) As I completed each row of twists, I took the ends of the twists and twirled them together into a single unit and tucked the unit under. I then pinned the unit in place (it was similar in technique to the non-braider's braid); and

7) Finally I unpinned the sides, and pulled the ends toward the middle of my head. I allowed the twists to criss-cross, then pinned down the ends. 

I'm planning several variations on this style - including roller-setting the twists and wearing it as a faux hawk. Later this should end up as a cute twistout as well (possibly with one side remaining twisted and the rest worn loose). 

Let me know what you think - and if you plan to try it.
You have read this articlehairstyle / instructions / protective style / today's hair with the title Hairstyle: Today's Hair - 3/12. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2014/03/hairstyle-today-hair-312.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Thursday, March 13, 2014

Comments "Hairstyle: Today's Hair - 3/12"

Post a Comment