Castor Oil for Eyebrows - My Own Personal Challenge...

My eyebrows at their struggly thinnest.
In an earlier post about Castor Oil (In This Corner: Jamaican Black vs. Cold Pressed Castor Oil) I mentioned some of the ways that Castor Oil can be used for hair growth and gave a recipe for a treatment that should significantly improve issue with thinning over the course of 6-8 weeks. I also shared a story about Castor Oil and its ability to grow hair in the aptly titiled post, Castor Oil Really Does Regrow Hair, and now I'm going to test it out on myself.


6th Grade

I'm trying to regrow my eyebrows because I have an affliction that some of us that are 30+ suffer - the skinny brow...A little back story. When I was younger my eyebrows were much, much thicker than they are now. (See above) I thought that they were fine and didn't think about them much until I went to college. There I started tweezing them a little bit so emphasize their arch, and to make myself feel like I was in style. At the time though, the style was really thin eyebrows. I didn't make the full commitment, but I did make my eyebrows thinner. To tell the truth though, it didn't matter much because I had a bang that went just past my eyebrows anyway. A little later, I got hit by a car and I had some facial scarring. One of those scars ended up going through my left eyebrow, and it created a gash. I couldn't take it, so I made my eyebrows thin enough so you couldn't see the effects of the scar. I then had stylishly thin eyebrows.

Now times have changed, and the thick eyebrow is the look du'jour. I spend a little time almost every day trying to pretend my eyebrows are thicker than they actually are - I use a brow pencil, mascara, or dark eyeliner and a brush (sometimes just one method, sometimes two or all three) to make my eyebrows more in the current style. I don't want to - it adds time to my mornings, and I'd like to guaranty that if I touch my face, that my eyebrows won't come off on my hands.

Goal
So although it may not be possible to return to my former full-figured eyebrows, I would like to make them a little thicker than they are now. More like the Lauryn Hill brows that I've shown in this post. To that end, I'm using:

a cotton swab
a mix of 3:1, Castor to Coconut Oil mix

I'll apply same every night before I go to sleep, and I'll let you know how it goes over the next month or two.





You have read this articlebeauty / DIY / maintenance / recipe with the title Castor Oil for Eyebrows - My Own Personal Challenge.... You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2014/03/castor-oil-for-eyebrows-my-own-personal.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Friday, March 21, 2014

Comments "Castor Oil for Eyebrows - My Own Personal Challenge..."

Post a Comment