March Monthly Challenge - Fitness


Yay!!!! Push-ups. This an exercise I like almost as as Burpees. And if you are wondering, that was my attempt at sarcasm. I don't like any upper-body exercises...at all. But I will admit that they are a necessary evil. 

The three main muscles involved in executing push-ups are your pectoralis major, anterior deltoids and triceps. These muscles are located on your chest, front of your shoulders and back of your arms, respectively. And although push-ups are primarily considered an upper body exercise, push-ups also strengthen your core muscles -- specifically your rectus abdominus and transverse abdominis.

Source: livestrong.com

Anyway, I haven't written about fitness in a while or about my fitness challenge group run by Phil of 48fitness and trainer at the Decatur Boxing Club, but it continues. Last month we did progressively more Burpees. I ended the month with 43. 43 Burpees. And this month I started with 21 push-ups so I will have to do 50+ (in a day, not all at once) by the end of the month.

Please feel free to join us. Follow the instructions above and push ahead to your push up goals.
You have read this articleexercise / fitness / health / nutrition with the title March Monthly Challenge - Fitness. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2014/03/march-monthly-challenge-fitness.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Sunday, March 2, 2014

Comments "March Monthly Challenge - Fitness"

Post a Comment