Smoothie Love: Springtime Strawberry

I make smoothies almost every day, and I've forced some of my co-workers into being a tasting committee. Actually I don't have to force them because we now have a game where they try to guess the ingredients for each smoothie - and they get free, albeit tiny, smoothies almost every day. Lately I've been having them give me grades, so that if I ever do a smoothie recipe book or start a smoothie blog, I'll have some idea of which of my smoothies actually taste good to other people!

Strawberry, Spinach and Lemon...as a salad!
Image via neighborfoodblog.com
My basic ground rules for my smoothies are that each one has at least 2 veggies, that they have no sweeteners other than fruit, and that they be dairy-free. I haven't tried any protein-focused smoothies or any veggie only smoothies - mostly because I don't find the idea of veggie smoothies appealing and because I haven't purchased any plant-based protein powders...but that may change. Who knows?

This smoothie received very high praise....I'm calling it Springtime Strawberry. Try it at home. The ingredients are as follows:



6-7 strawberries (I froze some that I purchased during the week and used those)
1/3 of a green apple
Springtime Strawberry Smoothie
Image via thymebombe.com 
7-8 baby carrots
6 red globe grapes, although 10-12 small red grapes will also do
a pinch of parsley (optional)
a handful of baby spinach
about a teaspoon of chia seeds (optional)
juice from 1 lemon

Put in spinach, then carrots, then strawberries, grapes, apple, parsley, chia seeds and lemon juice. Add about 1/2 cup of water, then blend.

It was DELICIOUS! Let me know if you agree.

You have read this articlefood / recipe / Smoothie with the title Smoothie Love: Springtime Strawberry. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2014/03/smoothie-love-springtime-strawberry.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Sunday, March 23, 2014

Comments "Smoothie Love: Springtime Strawberry"

Post a Comment