Exercise and Mood: Daily Exercise Log Week 16

Image via reviews.in.88db.com
Why Exercise Improves Mood
While exercise is not, on its own, a treatment for clinical depression; studies show that exercise can help improve mood temporarily in depressed individuals. In fact, for people with mild or moderate depression, 30 minutes of intense exercise can be as effective as medication for improving mood. People who do not respond to depression medications may show improvement in mood when they exercise. Exercise probably helps ease depression in a number of ways, which may include:
Releasing feel-good brain chemicals that may ease depression (endorphins, adrenaline, serotonin and dopamine);
Reducing immune system chemicals that can worsen depression; and
Increasing body temperature, which may have calming effects.
Exercise has many psychological and emotional benefits too. It can help you:

Gain confidence. Meeting exercise goals or challenges, even small ones, can boost your self-confidence and provide you with a sense of accomplishment;

Take your mind off worries. Exercise is a distraction that can get you away from the cycle of negative thoughts that feed anxiety and depression;
  
Get more social interaction. Exercise may give you the chance to meet or socialize with others. Just exchanging a friendly smile or greeting as you walk around your neighborhood can help your mood; and

Cope in a healthy way. Doing something positive to manage anxiety or depression is a healthy coping strategy. Trying to feel better by drinking, dwelling on how badly you feel, or hoping anxiety or depression will go away on its own can lead to worsening symptoms.

Source 1, Source 2
======================================================================

Monday

Goal: Boxing

Nutrition: Pretty well, for me.

Hair: French Braid with a Pouf, you can find examples in either version of my book, One Hairstyle, Thirty-one Ways on Amazon.com.

Outcome: I went to the gym at work and spent some time on the full-body workout on the elliptical machine, then did weighted jumping jacks and squats.

Tuesday

Goal: Boxing

Nutrition: I'll try my best

Hair: I'm working on a new style, so I'll let you know how it goes later.

Outcome: I did try a new style, I separated out about 1/4 of my hair in the front and did 9 double-strand twists on my dry hair and a french braid across the back. I double-strand twisted the ends of my french braid, then I pinned up the top. It was cute. And yes I went to my boxing class.

Wednesday

Goal: Boxing

Nutrition: I had mashed potatoes, pot roast with veggies, zucchini salad, (and a blondie and a cookie), sweet potato chips, diced fruit, mushroom soup, watermelon, and a few squares of chocolate....and some trail mix. Goodness!

Hair: Same style as yesterday.

Outcome: I successfully attended my boxing class. I didn't get the routine today, and I was mad about it!!!! but all I can do is try the next time....

Thursday

Goal: Run

Nutrition: Off to a bad start. I'm breakfasting on chocolate.

Hair: I took out the braid, but I haven't decided on my style for the day. I ended up with a bun.

Outcome: I should have exercised, but I just didn't do it!

Friday

Goal: Yoga

Nutrition: I ate poorly.

Hair: Same style as yesterday.

Outcome: I didn't do a thing.

Saturday

Goal:Run/Circus Arts

New goal: Anything


Nutrition: I didn't eat much, but it wasn't particularly good for me. 

Hair: Braided bang with a freshly moisturized puff to the side. I thought it was pretty cute.

Outcome: I went to my boxing class. And I survived.

Sunday

Goal: Run or Walk

New Goal: Something

Nutrition: I can't recall, but it wasn't good enough to write about. 

Hair: Same style as yesterday.


Outcome: I did some jumping jacks and squats - but not really enough to count as a workout.
=======================================================================
For the previous weeks, click here: Week 1,  Week 2,  Week 3Week 4Week 5Week 6Week 7 Week 8Week 9Week 10Week 11Week 12 ,Week 13Week 14 and Week 15.
You have read this articleexercise / fitness / health / mental health / mood with the title Exercise and Mood: Daily Exercise Log Week 16. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2013/07/exercise-and-mood-daily-exercise-log.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Comments "Exercise and Mood: Daily Exercise Log Week 16"

Post a Comment