Stretch! & Daily Log Week 12

Image via mytreadmilltrainer.com
Stretching- Fist, should we do it before & after exercise? The answer is - afterwards. Stretching is a useful tool when it is done on muscles that have already warmed up, or post exercise. The purpose of the pre-workout warm up is to increase the heart rate with a few simple exercises like jumping jacks or jump rope.  If you choose to stretch after warming up, it won't cause injury, but it may sap a little strength from your workout. And not that stretching before warming up may actually cause injury!
Post Workout - Stretches help speed up muscle recovery by increasing blood flow to the injured tissue and stretching it out after it has been compressed through exercise, it also helps reduce soreness, increase flexibility/range of motion and help prevent future injury.

Examples - Here is a video I found on YouTube that seems like a good post-exercise routine...but please consult with your healthcare provider before engaging in this or any fitness routine.

I'm going to try it, because I admit that I don't stretch enough...



Source, Source 
=====================================================================
Monday

Goal: Boxing

Nutrition: Questionable...I had a cookie and a piece of bread pudding and veggie straws. And black beans, guacamole, salsa (and a few tortilla chips), a small beef Thai salad, bok choy, fruit and sweet potato salad. OK, now that I see it all laid out - I ate a TON of food!!! So there really wasn't much of a question.

Hair: I washed, deep conditioned, oiled, conditioned, and brushed in some edge control...all so that I could have a product-laden, drippy ponytail. It has now been 24-hours and my hair still isn't dry.

Outcome: I went boxing! I glittered (sweat) my way through class (see me on Instagram), that included a lot of time hitting the heavy bags, running, doing calisthenics and ab work. I also got a really nice compliment from one of my classmates!

Tuesday

Goal: Run in the am,  Zumba

Nutrition: Already ate a bagel with butter, we'll see about the rest of the day. I didn't make anything, and that is usually a bad sign.

Hair: Up in a damp puff (see hair post above).

Outcome: I already failed to run, and I don't know that I'll make Zumba. I'm going to do something, but I have so many things to do over the next week that I'm not sure how I'm fitting it all in... I didn't do a thing, except a really good night of sleep.

Wednesday

Goal: Boxing

Nutrition: I'm tired of listing my failures...but I had sushi for lunch, chicken salad and green salad for snack?and a piece of fried fish (and broccoli) for dinner. I also had some trail mix, and a giant slushie...

Hair: Still in my damp puff. See my video, www.keek.com/naturallytwisted, to see why.

Outcome: I went, it was a truly grueling workout, and fun. I actually got the routine - and I only messed it up a couple of times before I got it right.

Thursday

Goal: Run in the morning, Yoga

Nutrition: See note above...anyway I skipped breakfast, had a chicken and chickpea soup for lunch, then two delicious little sliders and sweet potato fries for dinner. And ate too much trailmix.

Hair: Puff...

Outcome: Exercise - nothing. I caught the itis. I thought I was going to at least do the 7 minute workout, but I just couldn't do it!

Friday

Goal: Gym/Weights

Nutrition: Let's not go there...

Hair: See my latest Keek! It involved twists and flexirods...no comb!

Outcome: I did exercise...30 minutes on an exercise bike, squats, jumping jacks, a little time on the elliptical.

Saturday

Goal: Run
New Goal: Anything

Nutrition: I've had eggs, turkey sausage, blueberry pancakes and candy today. I don't know if the night holds anything more...it did. A 5hour energy and some candy.

Hair: My hair is in a (actually 3) ponytail holders. The ends are stretched (a residual benefit of yesterday's style), but since I was asked if I was planning to "do" it today, I guess that the no comb (or brush) policy can only last but so long...
Outcome: Before breakfast - Lunges, jumping jacks, planks, wall sits, crunches, mountain climbers, reverse crunches, pushups, burpees and a few minues on the bike....and I stretched.

Sunday

Goal: Walk

Nutrition: I had an spinach and mushroom omlette on a bagel on Sunday.

Hair: Howsoever it was on Saturday..

Outcome: I ended up working on a variety of things all night Saturday, and all day Sunday. I was awake for 24 hours, and I stayed in one room the entire time -  except for when I got the bagel and used the bathroom. I'm honestly just glad I made it through!


=======================================================================
For the previous weeks, click here: Week 1,  Week 2,  Week 3Week 4Week 5Week 6Week 7 Week 8, Week 9Week 10, and Week 11.
You have read this articleexercise / fitness / health / stretching with the title Stretch! & Daily Log Week 12. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2013/06/stretch-daily-log-week-12.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Monday, June 10, 2013

Comments "Stretch! & Daily Log Week 12"

Post a Comment