Hey Look It's...Xavier Biggs/Usher & I Have the Same Trainer???


That's Biggs on the far right!
About eight (8) weeks ago I started boxing at a local downtown Decatur, GA boxing gym known as the Decatur Boxing Club or Biggs Boxing. I shared my post about it here. If you've read my daily exercise logs, you can tell that I go pretty often, and I love it!!! I started off with a Groupon, and am becoming a boxing devotee. It is in no small part to my trainer, Xavier "Bad pads" Biggs.

You may have seen him on NBC's "The Voice" a few weeks ago. He was brought in to train Team Usher as they worked on building their stamina for their time on stage. If you haven't seen it, I've included the video below:





And here is a video of Usher talking about boxing, and his upcoming role in the film, "Hands of Stone" where he will play the legendary Sugar Ray Leonard.




I'm taking classes at the Decatur Boxing Club (or Biggs Boxing) for the entire summer. They are running a half-off special where for $175 you can take unlimited classes for the next three (3) months. You can start any day in June and continue through September! It is a great deal at a great gym. Come by and give it a try. Your first class is always free and Biggs holds a free class each Saturday at 11:00 a.m.

You will likely want to invest in a set of wraps ($10) for your hands (you can buy them there), and your own pair of boxing gloves (about $25 - I got mine on Amazon) after your first class. Biggs lends gloves and wraps, but buying them is much much better!

I have to warn anyone that plans on going; this is a real boxing gym where real boxers train. It really looks and feels like gyms you see in movies and on tv. But don't be intimidated, don't worry about your level of fitness or your innate boxing talent - everyone is very encouraging. I am not very good at the boxing routines, but I really enjoy trying to master them, and I am especially proud when I succeed.

Click here for the class schedule, and check the site for links to buy packages. If you don't see the special online - just head in, and talk to the staff.


Please note that this is an advertisement.
You have read this articleboxing / celebrities / exercise / fitness / health / Look It's with the title Hey Look It's...Xavier Biggs/Usher & I Have the Same Trainer???. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2013/06/hey-look-it-biggsusher-i-have-same.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Comments "Hey Look It's...Xavier Biggs/Usher & I Have the Same Trainer???"

Post a Comment