CURLFRIENDS: Yolanda!


Why did you decide to go natural?

I decided to go natural after a visit to Chicago almost 6 years ago when my friend Racquel asked me to go natural with her. At the time I was uncertain if that was the decision I wanted to make because I couldn't remember what my natural hair look like. Being natural wasn't big like it is now. I didn't have resources, and it was a lot of trial and error. I transitioned for 9 months and just cut it all off. That was one of the best feeling ever. 



What stage of life were you in when you went natural and what did your significant other say about your decision?

I was a stay at home mom while my husband was deployed. I just did it without worrying about what others would say about my decision. I feel strongly about being able to make decisions about your hair regardless of what others may say or think. 


What has been the best compliment you've received on your natural hair?

I was a student at Paul Mitchell and went to an event in Orlando. Angus Mitchell (Paul Mitchell's son) told me he loved my hair, and said please don't ever change it. I rock it well and he loved my confidence. He was just touching my curls and admiring the beauty of it. 

I receive a lot of compliments all the time. I'm a hair stylist so I'm always doing something to my hair other than wearing it straight. 


What is your go-to style?

Wash 'N Go 

What is the one tip you would give a new natural? 

To embrace your hair regardless of the texture. Don't compare your hair to someone else's, just know that all of our hair is unique. I would also say low manipulation equals better growth. 


Do you feel like you are part of the natural hair community?

Yes of course I support my natural hair sisters and events. 


Has your natural hair has influenced other parts of your life?

Absolutely, in November 2011 I was able to birth Dezign Ayuan Naturals after becoming a product junkie and spending so much money getting products that didn't work I decided to put my education to use and formulate for my own product line. 


What are your top three hair products or tools?  

My top 3 products of course will be all Dezign Ayuan Naturals. I can't live without:
#1 Dezign Ayuan Naturals Brazilian Nut Moisturizing Conditioner
#2 Dezign Ayuan Naturals Dezign Define Curly Pudding
# 3 Dezign Ayuan Naturals The Hair Smoothie. 

My favorite tools: 
#1  Paul Mitchell Detangling Comb 
#2 Angus M Denman Brush #3 Paul Mitchell Sculpting Brush

To contact Yolanda:
You have read this articleCurlfriends with the title CURLFRIENDS: Yolanda!. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2013/06/curlfriends-yolanda.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Thursday, June 13, 2013

Comments "CURLFRIENDS: Yolanda!"

Post a Comment