My Hair Today - 3/1, Thy Name is Failure

First let me kick myself for not taking pictures of my twistout from this morning. It was chunky, shiny, bouncy and full. I used a mixture of olive and coconut oil and a layer of Karen Body Beautiful's Coco Lime Sweet Ambrosia Leave-in Conditioner (I love the smell, the consistency, and it's effect on my hair, but I don't love the price) to gently finger detangle my hair after a week of what can only be described as wash-n-go puffs. I then formed 8 big twists from the resulting Afro and went to sleep.

In the morning I split the twists and went out for breakfast. Lots of compliments. I felt good, my hair felt good. I had pancakes and someone else paid for them. All was right with the world. 

How I felt...

The problem was that I then went to my boxing class without twisting, pinning or covering up my 'do. I worked hard, I jabbed, I shadow boxed, I ran, I learned a new boxing combo, I ran some more and finally after some ab work, I was done. And so was my hair. It had no style nor definition by the end. It had bounced, then expanded, then frizzed and finally gave up the ghost of any hairstyle. I ended up doing two flat twists and keeping it moving. 

How I ended up...

Has this ever happened to you?
You have read this articlemaintenance / products / Twistout / twists with the title My Hair Today - 3/1, Thy Name is Failure. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2014/03/my-hair-today-31-thy-name-is-failure.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Sunday, March 2, 2014

Comments "My Hair Today - 3/1, Thy Name is Failure"

Post a Comment