My Hair Adventure - Color



I've been promising myself that I would dye my hair for months. Actually closer to years. First I was going to henna it to cover my grays - I bought the henna, but the packets have been sitting at my house since October. Even before that I was going to do a constant rinse with rosemary and sage powders. I made the rinse. I bottled it, and I even used it several times. Remember? I even did a post on it. That process was a little too gradual for my taste. It was supposed to take a couple of weeks before I could see real results, and I just didn't want to wait that long.

So I did nothing and let another six months go by with only the henna purchases to my credit. 

Finally this past weekend I decided to take out my twists and dye my hair 3 shades of purple. Darkest in front and lightest in the back. I know it sounds bold, but I figured that if I kept it dark in the front, my updos wouldn't look all that different at work. I was ready. I had it on my mind, and I thought it was time to just do it. It wouldn't be a huge change, and in fact most people were barely supposed to be able to tell it was colored in the front. In that respect it was a success....

What I used:

3 mixing bowls
Developer 25
Soft sheen Carson natural black
Soft sheen Carson red violet 

I used 90% natural black in front, a 50/50 mix in the middle, and straight red violet in the back. 


What do you think? It looks no different? Most would agree, but my color lifted a little in the back - more to a dark brown than vibrant Barney purple, and the front and middle look dark. That's it. But my grays are covered, and I'm happy with that. My hair seems to have withstood the process without damage, so as for the purple, I'm just going to have to try again. Maybe this time, I'll skip the black.


Here it is the next night....

Maybe a little purple in the light? Maybe? 
You have read this articlecolor / dye / newdaynewdo with the title My Hair Adventure - Color. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2014/02/my-hair-adventure-color.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Thursday, February 27, 2014

Comments "My Hair Adventure - Color"

Post a Comment