(Video) Spartan September Challenge & Daily Exercise Log (9/2 - 9/8)

Mountain climbers, push-ups, burpees, etc...welcome to Spartan September. For those of you who would like to join in the September workout challenge - here is a video featuring Phil, a.k.a Blanka, showing you all of the moves. Do this sequence six times, and add 150 sit-ups. I did it last night with some modifications to the push-ups and the sit-ups (I did 20 sit-ups, then did 130 reverse crunches). Anyway, it was extremely challenging - I had to take a break between each set, but I know that at the end of the month I will be a LOT stronger.

Please let me know if you are interested in following the challenge! I am also challenging myself to take my vitamins, drink a green smoothie every day, and complete Nappyfu's 30 day Instagram updo challenge. I'll see how it goes, and again - I would love it if you join me for any or all challenges this month!



======================

Monday

Goal: Spartan September/Some cardio

Nutrition: Eggs with cheese, a biscuit, chicken sausage, and a few bites of French Toast. I also made my first green smoothie - grapes, spinach, strawberries, banana, and flaxseed oil. I later ate some hummus and baby carrots, and right before bed I had a sweet potato with olive oil and a little sea salt.

Hair: I did a new style - see my post.

Outcome: No workout yet. No workout period.
======

Tuesday

Goal: Circus Arts/Spartan September

Nutrition: New smoothie for breakfast - spinach, pineapple, strawberries, ginger, flaxseed oil, and a little lime.

Hair: Same style, slight modification.

Outcome: I did 150 jumping jacks, 100 lunges, 3 sets of Spartans, 150 ab exercises (50 regular situps and 100 reverse crunches). Still have to do 3 sets of Spartans and see if I can make it to this class tonight. I did not go to the circus arts class (the studio was closed). Instead I went home and ate 1/4 watermelon and most of a thin crust pizza (HUGE FAIL)
=====
Wednesday

Goal: Run/Spartan September
New Goal: workout in the park

Nutrition: Green smoothie - ginger, pineapple, grapes, spinach, blood orange, banana and spinach. Rest of the pizza. Veggie quinoa soup. Quinoa, sweet potato, spinach and chicken breast.

Hair: Same style.

Outcome: I did 100 jumping jacks, 100 lunges, 50 curtsy squats, 150 ab exercises (100 crunches, 50 reverse crunches). I also attended a park workout that included all kinds of exercises - and a lot of running.
======

Thursday

Goal: Park workout/Spartan September

Nutrition: Green smoothie - ginger, pineapple, lime, blood orange, strawberries and spinach. Quinoa, sweet potato, spinach and chicken breast. Yogurt & granola.

Hair: I took out the front flat twists, redid the bun, and wrapped the loose hair around the bun, so it sort of looks like I did a faux hawk. It's ok, but I don't love it. - Later on in the day I received several hair compliments, so I may have just failed to appreciate the style.

Outcome: No morning exercise. I'll try to get the Spartans in (all of them) before my class. We'll see how that goes. - WELL I DID IT!!! I went to the gym at work and I did all 150 sit-ups, all 6 sets of Spartans, and I threw in 100 jumping jacks and 50 curtsy squats before I went to my class which was full of running, walking lunges, running, lower body exercise, walking, and sprinting. My left thigh is feeling very tight.... then I ate a few fries, had a small chicken sandwich with half the bun, and a Frosty - it was DELICIOUS!.
=======

Friday

Goal: Nothing

Nutrition: Green smoothie: 1/4 banana, 1/3 mango, 10 green grapes, and spinach. Lunch: Beef Brisket, mashed potatoes, garlic spinach, cream of spinach soup, and 2 cookies. Later I had some blue potato chips, and some hummus and baby carrots.

Hair: I changed it up again. I undid the bun on top and incorporated those twisted ends in with the loosened front section. I put it all in a forward facing ponytail, and tucked the ends under to form something of a bun. I got call Janelle Monae a few times (which is fine by me), and received several compliments on the style, and on the versatility of the original look.

Outcome:  I broke down and did 100 jumping jacks, 50 lunges, and 50 curtsy squats this morning, but I did not do any Spartans.
=========

Saturday

Goal: Stone Mountain/Spartan September
New Goal: Something

Nutrition: I ate leftover Beef Brisket, potatoes, and spinach. Later I made a sweet snack of pecans and dried chopped dates (delicious!!!), a little fruit salad, lots of potato chips, a veggie patty, small piece of jerk chicken, some watermelon, and a green smoothie: green and red grapes, strawberries, pineapple, lemon, ginger, and spinach.

Hair: Two-strand twisted the front and did it in a French roll and tried to incorporate the twists from the back. It is time to let these flat twists go...so I'll let you know how it ends up.

Outcome: I ended up doing 4 sets of Spartans and the 150 sit-ups.
=========

Sunday

Goal: Run/Spartan September
Goal: Anything

Nutrition: I had a green smoothie: ginger, pineapple, grapes, blood orange and spinach. A few crackers, salmon salad and potato chips.

Hair: Same

Outcome: I did 6 sets of Spartans and the 150 sit-ups.

You have read this articleexercise / fitness / health / natural men / nutrition with the title (Video) Spartan September Challenge & Daily Exercise Log (9/2 - 9/8) . You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2013/09/video-spartan-september-challenge-daily.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Monday, September 2, 2013

Comments "(Video) Spartan September Challenge & Daily Exercise Log (9/2 - 9/8) "

Post a Comment