(Updated) Best Exercises for the Perfect Butt & My Daily Exercise Log(8/26 - 9/1)



I believe that the image is via the Brazilian Butt
Lift Program from Beach Body, but I found it here.
 I have been on a quest for a better butt for years...actually, that isn't exactly true. It's more like every once in a while I look back there and wish that my butt would suddenly appear bigger, higher, tighter, rounder, and just overall better. Then I would do some more squats and occasionally some mule kicks, and hope that it would be enough to force a significant change. It wasn't.

I recently read that lunges, jumping jacks and squats were the three top exercises for the perfect butt. And I've been doing a lot more jumping jacks (with weights at boxing, and at home in the mornings - sometimes), I regularly do squats (and occasionally include plie/sumo squats to the mix), and although lunges are not my favorites - I will do them at home when I am trying to do "a real workout" instead of just something to get my day started. I will try to be more consistent with all three.

I also found a great article on Fitsugar.com with their trainers' top 30 butt exercises. They included several variations of mule kicks/leg extensions, lunges & squats - including a few 1 legged varieties, and various ways to beat your butt into shape that I have never seen before.

========================================

Update

So it has been about five months since I wrote this post and today because of a post I put up on Instagram (www.Instagram.com/naturally_twisted), I thought I would give you an update. My butt has become somewhat more rounded, higher, and bigger. I will say that I see a definite improvement. How?

My routine has changed. While I still do jumping jacks, it is mainly in my boxing classes, and it is the same story with the lunges. But for right now I have 5 moves that I choose from almost every day. I am doing at least 50 weighted Sumo squats, 50 Hindu squats, 50 weighted Curtsy squats, 50 mule kicks with fire hydrants, or 50 weighted dead lifts at a time. I've found that doing at least two types of squats and either mule kicks w/hydrants or the dead lifts have been working better for me than traditional squats. I've also been running on fairly hilly terrain a few mornings a week, and that too has helped.

The Fitsugar article above shows most of my current exercises although in the article they may have different names. My Sumo squat is their wide squat, and my Curtsy squats seem to be their crossover lunge, and what I call mule kicks and fire hydrants seems to be a hybrid of the all fours, side kick on all fours, and the donkey kick. I like all of their options and variations. In fact, I'm adding step-ups with a kick to my mix. 

I still have room for improvement - I've realized that my minimus muscles were and are the area most in need of change, so I'm going to continue to my butt-focused routines and see what happens. 

========================================

I did hit my 5x goal last week, and I expect to make it this week also. And although I get tired of confessing my shortcomings, I haven't been doing the Animal August challange for the past few days. It is difficult to find space, and lately I haven't been making the time. I'll have to do better. My routine for the week has been as follows:

Monday

Goal: Boxing

Nutrition: Bagel with butter, soup, Mediterranean Grill combo plate - lots of pita, taziki, salad and meat  & frozen yogurt.

Hair: Messy bun

Outcome: I did not exercise.
=====

Tuesday

Goal: Boxing

Nutrition: Eggs and toast for breakfast, rice and meat for lunch, two large Arizona's, salad and pizza

Hair: I did a post on it...

Outcome: I went to boxing for about 45 minutes. I ended up doing a lot of cardio because I jumped rope and or ran for the first 30+ minutes I was there, then we ran, hit the heavy bag, and shadowboxed (with weights) for the rest of my time there. My feet were moving the whole time.
======

Wednesday

Goal: Boxing

Nutrition: I ate leftover pizza and salad. Also a Snickers bar, 5 Krystal's wings and fries and a little Poppycock.

Hair: I redid and modified yesterday's style.

Outcome: I did 20 minutes on a bike, 45 weighted squats with arm extensions, and 50 curtsy lunges.
=====

Thursday

Goal: Run in the morning.

Nutrition: Nothing yet.

Hair: Same

Outcome: I did 50 weighted jumping jacks, 50 weighted lunges, and 50 weighted squats and I did a 3 mile walk/run. 
======

Friday

Goal: Boxing in the morning

Nutrition: I had yogurt and a little granola, a protein shake, a Lean Cuisine lunch, an ice cream sundae, and 3 chicken wings.

Hair: I modified the style again, this time incorporating the flat twist into a side ponytail. I then took the ends, split them in two, double- twisted the two sections and did a double bun.

Outcome: I almost fell on Thursday night, and really hurt my ankle, so did not exercise at all on Friday.
=======
Saturday

Goal: Boxing

Nutrition: Popcorn, 6 cherries, 1/2 a chicken philly cheesesteak, a few fries, a couple of sips of a milkshake, 9 pieces of sushi, and some fried rice.

Hair: I modified the style again, this time doing one big double strand twist and leaving it hanging (instead of the double bun thing from Friday).

Outcome: I went to a group exercise class in the park on Saturday instead of boxing. We did some running, walking, sprinting, and more running! There was also some strength training. It was interesting to mix it up a little, it was a beautiful day, I met a new Curlfriend to add to #curlsonthestreet on Instagram, and I had a good time.
=======
Sunday

Goal: Boxing

Nutrition: Brown rice porridge with almond meal and dried dates and a turkey and cheese roll-up.

Hair: Same

Outcome: The gym is closed this week so no boxing for me, but I did start the September Spartan fitness challenge. We were to do 6 sets (I know the video says 10), plus 150 sit-ups. Here is the video, if you would like to follow along:





You have read this articleexercise / fitness / health with the title (Updated) Best Exercises for the Perfect Butt & My Daily Exercise Log(8/26 - 9/1). You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2013/08/updated-best-exercises-for-perfect-butt.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Comments "(Updated) Best Exercises for the Perfect Butt & My Daily Exercise Log(8/26 - 9/1)"

Post a Comment