Today's Hair: August 27th




It was a New Day, New 'do kind of day. I had a messy bun yesterday that I shaped into something resembling a bow or Minnie Mouse ears - depending on who you ask, and I just didn't feel like walking around like that today. And I had some style inspiration - one of my co-workers had a a really pretty set of French braids, I have seen all kinds of braided bangs lately and there was a faux short hair cut I've seen that I fell in love with - if I find it again, I'll do a hair inspiration post on it...Anyway, I think all of that was on my mind when I came up with the style above.

1) I started by adding some oil and leave in conditioner to my stretched hair, and combing through the ends (they were a little tangled from my Bantus over the weekend).

2) I sectioned off a little more than 1/4 of my hair (a part from about the center of my head to over to my left ear, and from the center of my head toward my nose) to form a bang.

3) I combed through that section and did one large flat-twist across the front of the section toward my left ear and twisted the hanging ends. I took the hanging twist, brought the end toward the right side of my head, and pinned it into a circular bang. 

4) I took the rest of my hair, and flat twisted it from the right side of my head toward the left. When the twist reached just behind my left ear, I put the hair into a ponytail, and twisted the ends. 

5) I took the now single twist and pinned it into a circle also. 

Overall it took 5-6 minutes, but it looks nice, and it's a protective style that can last for several days to a week.   


You have read this articleflat twists / hairstyle / keek / New Day. New 'do. / newdaynewdo / protective style / twists / video with the title Today's Hair: August 27th. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2013/08/today-hair-august-27th.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Comments "Today's Hair: August 27th"

Post a Comment