(Updated) Water is AMAZING & Daily Exercise Log Week 11

Image via volusia.com
1. The Body Needs Water to be in Balance. Remember when you were growing up and you learned that your body was mostly water? Well it is! Sixty percent (60%) of our bodies are composed of water, and that water aids in digestion, circulation, the creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, nutrient absorption and maintenance of body temperature.

2. When You Fill Up With Water You Can't Fill Up With Junk. Water suppresses your appetite, so you don't eat as much. Drinking plenty of water also prevents fluid retention, because your body won't try to retain water if it's getting enough.

Drinking water also helps your body burn stored fat. If you're not drinking enough water, your liver will be forced to help your kidneys detoxify your body. When you drink plenty of water, your kidneys don't need any extra help, so your liver will be able to metabolize stored fat more efficiently. Drinking water flushes toxins from your body and prevents constipation.

3. Water Helps Energize Muscles. Cells that don't maintain their balance of fluids and electrolytes shrivel, which can result in muscle fatigue. Without adequate hydration, muscle cells don't work as well and performance can suffer.

4. Drinking Water Is Good for Your Joints. Water helps keep joints strong, healthy and lubricated. Your joints need moisture in order to remain strong and flexible, so that your movements are smooth and pain free.

5. Water Is the Fountain of Youth. Your skin contains plenty of water, and functions as a protective barrier to prevent excess fluid loss. But don't expect over-hydration to erase wrinkles or fine lines, says Atlanta dermatologist Kenneth Ellner, MD.

6. Water Helps Your Kidneys (Again). Body fluids transport waste products in and out of cells. The main toxin in the body is blood urea nitrogen, a water-soluble waste that is able to pass through the kidneys to be excreted in the urine. The kidneys can cleanse and rid the body of toxins if enough water is ingested.

When you're getting enough fluids, urine flows freely, is light in color and free of odor. When your body is not getting enough fluids, urine concentration, color, and odor increases because the kidneys trap extra fluid for bodily functions.

7. Water Helps You Go. Adequate hydration keeps things flowing along your gastrointestinal tract and prevents constipation. When you don't get enough fluid, the colon pulls water from stools to maintain hydration -- and the result is constipation.

8. Water Makes You Smarter! Drinking water can increase your cognitive function. Your brain needs a lot of oxygen in order to function at optimum levels. Drinking plenty of water ensures that your brain gets all the oxygen it needs. Drinking eight to ten cups of water per day can improve your levels of cognitive performance by as much as 30%!

Drinking plenty of water also supports nerve function. It ensures that your body's electrolyte levels remain high enough to allow your nerves to relay messages to and from the brain in the way they were meant to.

=======================================================================

Monday

Goal: Boxing

Nutrition: I brought a couple of wings, celery sticks, carrot sticks, salad, fruit salad, and a apple. I ate everything for breakfast, lunch and snack. The only problem was that a co-worker brought in chocolates and cookies. I had cookies and chocolate. Then I had fries and a small fried chicken sandwich for dinner. :(

Hair: I co-washed on Sunday and used the Edens Body Works that I reviewed last week, along with the Creme of Nature Argan Oil Edges. It was in a puff, and stayed in a puff.

Outcome: I didn't make it to boxing, but I have a jump rope, weights, and space at home so I did my own modified home boxing workout - complete with ab exercises and my attempt to recreate the last boxing sequence I did in class.

Tuesday

Goal: Boxing

Nutrition: I brought my breakfast and my snack, but I plan to eat lunch in the Dining Room at work. I'll have  a chance to practice portion control.

Hair: In a ballerina bun.

Outcome: I did my jumping jacks when I woke up and drank some lemon-infused water. (Yay me!) I didn't overeat at lunch - but I probably didn't need two reduced sugar chocolate chip cookies. I had salad (and a LOT of thin crust pizza) for dinner. And no additional exercise....so not a great day.

Wednesday

Goal: Zumba
New Goal: Run with BGR

Nutrition: For lunch I will have leftovers from yesterday (beef brisket, collard greens, and a little mashed potatoes). I'll have salad for afternoon snack. And I started my day with some mixed grain hot cereal, and carrot sticks and yogurt dip for morning snack.

Hair: Still in my bun.

Outcome:  Exercise - I did run with BGR, but it was raining so hard that I only ended up doing about 2 miles. I felt like I was drowning, but it was nice to run with a group of motivated people. I think I ran faster than usual because of the rain and the crowd.

FOOD: Problem - I didn't eat my salad, I had trail mix instead (not too bad), then I had pizza for dinner. Then I had pizza for a 3 am snack. Again, not the best food choices. I'm waiting for the shame to kick in - but I've realized that I'm pretty much shameless so I just have to decide that making good choices for the long term must be a priority.

Thursday

Goal: Run
New Goal: Zumba

Nutrition: So I ate the pizza this morning, really early (3 a.m.). I'm about to eat two scrambled eggs with spinach for my 2nd breakfast. I'm also going to have a fruit salad and lettuce salad later on today. I'm thinking that I need to sit down with a nutritionist to see how many calories I should take in a day and to figure out what to eat when. - I did have the fruit salad, but didn't eat the rest of it. I had some delicious chicken tika masala, brown rice, and water for dinner. If it weren't for the sauces that came with it, it likely could have been a fairly healthy meal...

Hair: I have a new bun. This time I added about 6 twists and pinned them into something.

Outcome: I didn't exercise - I thought I was going to take a mid-day break to go to a Zumba class, but I never made it, I went out then I went to sleep.

Friday

Goal: Yoga
New Goal: Anything

Nutrition: I didn't eat anything early in the day. I ate a reasonable amount at lunch (a couple of bites of grilled chicken breast, a few stalks of broccoli, a little side salad, and a reduced sugar chocolate chip cookie), and later I had another small salad then worked out. Afterwards I ate a terrible dinner of chicken nuggets and french fries. It was DELICIOUS.

Hair: I've had a bun with six (6) double-strand twists that I've been moving around. It's served me well over the past few days.

Outcome: I worked out in my building's gym. I did some time on the elliptical machine, then did weighted walking lunges, weighted squats, weighted jumping jacks, some step-ups onto a weight bench, and a few minutes of back exercises. I felt like I gave it a good effort (even though I didn't want to go at all)...

Saturday

Goal: Run & Boxing
New Goal: Run - further than usual.

Nutrition: I ate a veggie samosa and sweet potato combo for breakfast/brunch, and plan to finish my chicken breast and broccoli in a few hours. I don't know what I'll do for dinner, but I need to figure it out, because that is where I tend to fail...Update: the nuggets and fries were so good that I had them again.

Hair: Same as above - but I wore a headband when I ran.

Outcome: I ran soon after getting up. (YAY - I am better when I exercise early). And it was 7+ miles. I walked in the middle, but I now know that for me, the best way to improve on my running is to run! So I have to keep running as a constant part of my routine. I also did jumping jacks and crunches when I woke up.

Sunday

Goal: Yoga or Walk
New Goal: Get up and do something early....

Nutrition: It's now past noon, and I've had a bagel with butter. I don't know what I'm eating for the rest of the day, but I will TRY to make sure it isn't too too too bad.

Hair: I wore a headband yesterday, and this morning (post-run) I used my Creme of Nature Edges, Allikay spray, and Allikay's leave-in conditioner. That, 30 pins, a few re-twists and time turned my dry hair into something I wasn't ashamed of....I'll try to post before and after photos later.

Outcome: I woke up and did jumping jacks. I also ran just over 3 miles in just under 32 minutes.
=============================================================

Results:

Exercise: I exercised 5 times this week! (Excellent)

Food: I tried to be more conscientious. (Good) But I didn't eat particularly well (Not so Good)

Weight: Somewhere between 1lb down and just the same as last week. (I'm ok with that)

Hair:  I changed it a few times, but overall 2-3 ponytail holders were used to reign it into a ponytail, puff, bun, etc over the course of the week. It is due for a good wash, deep condition and style change - but we'll have to see if that actually gets done.

=======================================================================
For the previous weeks, click here: Week 1,  Week 2,  Week 3Week 4Week 5Week 6Week 7 Week 8, Week 9, and Week 10.
You have read this articleexercise / fitness / health / product review with the title (Updated) Water is AMAZING & Daily Exercise Log Week 11. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2013/06/updated-water-is-amazing-daily-exercise.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Comments "(Updated) Water is AMAZING & Daily Exercise Log Week 11"

Post a Comment