(Updated) I went to the WORLD NATURAL HAIR SHOW THIS WEEKEND!!!

The World Natural Hair Show was April 27th and 28th. The 16th annual event is the largest natural hair show in America. It hosted over 55,000 guests over the course of two days.
Did you go? 



 I went!

This is what I ended the weekend with:

I attended two other events Saturday, and was fortunate in
that a co-worker bought some products at my request...

This is what I wore:

I figured that my salmon colored wide legged pants and patterned split back top would take me through a brunch meetup, the show, another meetup, and if it had to...work AND the playoff game. I didn't go to work, and I got the chance to change before the game (Go Hawks!!!) so it only had to carry me through for about 6 hours on Saturday. 

My hair was in a modified "Whadyasay?"
from my book...and can I say that I loved
my own outfit? Because I loved my outfit!
 
I saw:

   
I LOVE THE COLOR!!! She brightened up my whole day!

Some PJs were on there way out by 12:30
on Saturday, products in hand! They came, they saw, they conquered!

I met Ms. Gradieh (from Minnesota!) in
front of the My Honey Child booth.

These ladies were representing their Florida-based meet-up group!
 
I met Sisters with Beauty...they were promoting their site which is focused on
healthy natural hair and teaching women how to work with their own textures.  

I posed with Ms. World's Top Natural Hair Model (from all of the WNHS
advertising for this year), Jessica Williams (that's her in the ad above), and another contestant. I was wearing really tall
wedges, and I was still 3 inches shorter than everyone else.

 Exhibits included jewelry, poetry,t-shirts, clothing, the Social Circle, demonstrations, teeth whitening, photo booths, singers, dancers.....and products! I didn't do a great job in capturing the booths this year - but there were a lot of people with a lot to offer. Naptural Roots Publishing, Shea Moisture, Entwine, Jane Carter, Taliah Waajid, Alikay, Mizoni, Jamaican Mango & Lime, Curls Unleashed and many others were there. Vloggers from around ATL and around the country were also in full effect...but I didn't take pictures of any of them! Sorry...

I got a sample of the My Honey Child Coconut Hair Milk,
but I may have to invest in some products.

Eden Bodyworks....

Everyone loves Jamaican Black Castor Oil!
You have read this articleevents / shows / WNHS with the title (Updated) I went to the WORLD NATURAL HAIR SHOW THIS WEEKEND!!!. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2013/04/updated-i-went-to-world-natural-hair.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Friday, April 26, 2013

Comments "(Updated) I went to the WORLD NATURAL HAIR SHOW THIS WEEKEND!!!"

Post a Comment