My Daily Log - Exercise Week 1! (Updated Daily)

Image via Essence.com
New challenge...I plan to exercise at least five days a week in preparation for a half marathon.  I don't know which one, because I haven't actually signed up for any, but hopefully I'll do it if I say it here. I'm hoping that writing about it will keep me accountable. And because I'll need to cross-train to prepare, I'm also trying to take some new exercise classes and share my experiences with everyone.

I've been called a Groupon queen, and it is true that I will try almost any kind of work-out if the price is right. I'm signed up for a Zumba class right now, but I've found boot camps, Cross Fit, yoga, etc. all through Groupon, Living Social, or Loclly. I'll let you know how Zumba goes, and I've got my eye on TRX, but we'll see.

For right now, I'm sticking with my staple exercise - running, and my favorite - yoga. The problem with yoga is that I prefer classes to trying to do it on my own, and that doesn't always fit in my schedule, or my exercise budget. Running is a little more fluid. I can go in the morning or at night, I don't need an instructor, and it is always free...

Monday

Run - I did 5.22 miles in 55 minutes. I'm hoping to do a half marathon in the fall, and I'm running the Peachtree Road Race this year, so I'm trying to get more miles in.

Tuesday

??? - I'm not sure yet, but I'm thinking it will either be an improvised boot camp or yoga session in my bedroom, with the help of Xfinity's On Demand program.

- I actually fell asleep without exercising, but I woke up really early and did 50 modified pushups, 50 crunches, 100 jumping jacks, 100 squats, and a 15 minute "yoga for athletes" On Demand program.

Wednesday

Zumba? - I've never been, but I hear that it is a great workout, so I'll let you know how it goes. I'm a little worried because I am not coordinated, and I'm bad at memorizing dance moves....

-I went to my first class! I actually had a pretty good time, despite my inability to follow all of the steps. I felt and looked a step behind for most of the class, but I did feel like I got in a good cardio session. I did sweat, I did feel some muscle exhaustion, but that might have been a side effect of me doing pushups and squats in the morning. I have at least 19 more classes to go, so I'll keep you posted.


Thursday

Run - don't know where, don't know with whom, don't know when. Any suggestions?

- I ended up running 8 miles!!!! I haven't run that far in a very long time, and I haven't done it more than a few times. EVER. I took it fairly slowly, and I did it! I feel stiff, but I should be able to hobble around tomorrow. I hope I make it to Zumba...

Friday

Zumba - hopefully I've survived the first class, and make it to a second.

- I didn't make it. My thighs informed me that I was not ready for an afternoon of vigorous activity, so I listened and took the day off.

Saturday

Run/Hike - I try to make Stone Mountain (GA) my usual Saturday activity. I'm going to step up my run, and see if I can make it 10 miles. Wish me luck!

- I hiked Stone Mountain, then went around the base. I didn't go around twice, but my efforts did total a little more than 7 miles - a 2+ mile hike, and a 5 mile run.

Sunday

Day of rest - unless I go to my favorite almost free yoga class.

- I didn't make it. I've had a cough since Monday, but I think Saturday's run/hike turned it into a full blown situation! I ended up staying in bed for most of Saturday and all of Sunday. I watched services on TV and chugged Robitussin and DayQuil so I could make it into work on Monday without infecting my entire office.

Please check in and share your workout plans for the week...

=========================================================================

WEEK 1 : 4 Active Days, since I actually did Tuesday's activity on Wednesday morning.  
You have read this articleexercise / health / run / yoga / zumba with the title My Daily Log - Exercise Week 1! (Updated Daily). You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2013/03/my-daily-log-exercise-week-1-updated.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Comments "My Daily Log - Exercise Week 1! (Updated Daily)"

Post a Comment