Fall Into Your Autumn Routine...


Do you change over your routines and hair products for the cooler, dryer weather? If you haven't in the past, here is your chance to make some changes for this year.
Autumn leaves

1. This may be a good time to check your ends to see how they survived the summer. Since there is a lot of washing and going, swimming, sun exposure, and carefree summertime days, it might be time for a good trim so you don't carry the dead weight of split ends into the winter.

2. Do you need to change your conditioner for the colder weather? It might be a good time to use a richer conditioner, or even consider the addition of oils to some of your favorites. Some olive, almond, jojoba or even coconut oil may boost your conditioner's oomph in the fall.

3. Now might be the time to add (or increase) your use of deep conditioners and homemade hair treatments. Your hair might be crying out for some extra protection against the elements. Imagine yourself bundled up in a warm robe, some hot tea, and a good book while your hair gets wrapped up with some deep nourishment.

4. Does your hair need a different oil mix or sealing products in the colder months? When it is humid, our hair is constantly drawing in moisture from the outside air, but when it's cold the story changes. It is all about retaining moisture. Now is the time to seal with heavier products and be more consistent with applying your oils.

5. Clothing will become thicker and possibly more coarse, so while you protect your neck, now might be the time to step up your protective styling. During this time of year you may have to be more mindful about your hair rubbing against your higher collars, hats, wools, and tweeds. Protective styling - updos, twists, braids, etc. all work.Check out One Hairstyle, Thirty-one Ways if you need style inspiration!

6. And remember that eating healthy foods and drinking lots of water help all year round!

I try to remember that I put on an extra layer of clothing, so I should at least give my hair an extra level of protection. I checked my ends the other day, and yeah, they need a trim. For now, I'm just cutting out bad ends as I see them, but I need to get a cold weather-trim soon. I also have to be particularly vigilant about keeping my hair moisturized in the colder months. I put in some leave in and oil every morning instead of every few days. And I TRY to deep condition more often. I also change my hair oil mix. I use coconut oil all summer, but in the fall I start to add Castor oil. How does your routine change?

Source: nopoojillipoo
You have read this articlemaintenance / trim / updos with the title Fall Into Your Autumn Routine.... You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2012/10/fall-into-your-autumn-routine.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Comments "Fall Into Your Autumn Routine..."

Post a Comment