Product Review: Goin' Natural Morargan Gold RARE Moisture Butter and Moroccan Oil


Recently I was fortunate enough to receive some samples of the Goin' Natural Moragan Gold Rare Moisture Butter and Goin' Natural Moragan Gold 100% Moroccan Oil. The line also contains a Thermic Blend Solution for those using heat in their hair. All products are available on Amazon and other online outlets. My friend Camille tried the products during her styling routine and was kind enough to provide a review. Here it is below:


Pre-twists

Twisted
I used this product to two-strand twist my hair. I washed and conditioned my hair, then applied a leave in conditioner. I then let my hair air dry. (I don't like to twist my hair wet-it gets too messy). I used the Rare Moisture Butter to twist my hair and then the 100% Moroccan Oil to seal.

Smell

The  Moisture Butter smelled like a mixture of yummy mango and lemon meringue and was very pleasant. The smell wasn't overwhelming when first applying it to my hair, but it could still be smelled (slightly) on day 3. 

Consistency
 12 oz. available on Amazon for $16.79
The  Moisture Butter was like a moisturizing cream. It was not as sticky as my current curling custard. I appreciated that the product moisturizered my hair and didn't leave a sticky residue on my hair and fingers. Unfortunately it lacked some of the cohesive properties that bond my twists together. I had to re-twist several of my twists within just a few days because the product didn't bind my hair together as easily as the my current products.

Ingredients
Moisture Butter:  Shea butter, De-ionzed water, Coconut oil, Barbadensis leaf extract, Mango seed oil,  Argan oil, Avocado oil, Vegetable glycerine, Caprylate, and Fragrance. 

I appreciated that there were mostly all natural ingredients. However, I found the composition of the ingredients lacking. I felt that there wasn't enough Shea butter in this product. 

Moroccan Oil: Argan Oil

Overall Impression
Ultimately, I enjoyed using the Moisture Butter to two - strand twist and the Argan oil to seal my hair. However, a few days after twisting my hair, some of  my twists are coming loose and my hair is frizzier than usual. (It typically takes about 2 weeks before my hair starts to get frizzy when using the Kinky Curly). Instead of using this product to twist my hair, I will probably use it to moisturize my hair. 

3 oz. Moroccan (Argan) Oil
$26.97 on Amazon
I would consider using the Moisture Butter as a moisturizer instead of using it to twist my hair. The Moisture Butter works well with my daily routine - I dampen my hair every morning and use a little Herbal Essence Hello Hydration and then seal in the moisture with my mix of Shea butter, coconut oil, and olive oil.  

The Argan oil did provide shine, however it sat on my hair and left it greasy instead of being absorbed into my hair. Although I typically use Argan oil on my hair when it's straightened, it won't be part of my twist routine.

I probably won't use the Argan oil on a regular basis and will instead use my Shea butter mix to seal my hair.


For my twisting routine I give the products:

Moisture Butter-  7 out of 10

100% Moroccoan Oil - 4 out of 10 
You have read this article with the title Product Review: Goin' Natural Morargan Gold RARE Moisture Butter and Moroccan Oil . You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2012/09/product-review-goin-natural-morargan.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Sunday, September 30, 2012

Comments "Product Review: Goin' Natural Morargan Gold RARE Moisture Butter and Moroccan Oil "

Post a Comment