CURLFRIENDS: Kisha!

Kisha is professional who always knew that she would go natural, but she expected it to be a little later in life. One day the urge hit her, and just two months after she had her last relaxer, she big chopped in December of 2010!


Cute and curly!
Why did you decide to go natural?

I decided to go natural because it had been 20+ years since I had seen the natural texture of my hair. I had always told my friends that when I turned 50 I was going to cut off all my hair and stop relaxing, it just happened when I was 13 years earlier.


What stage of life were you in when you went natural (personally and or professionally) - student, working, in a relationship, parent?
Rolled Faux - Hawk

I am working mother of 3 boys, and I was in a relationship at the time. 


What is the best compliment you've received on your natural hair?

"I like what you are doing with that natural look, you are wearing it well"


What is the one tip you would give a new natural?

Learn your hair and give it a shot before you give up!


Do you feel like you are part of the natural hair community?

Yes I do, since going natural I feel a sense of sisterhood and connection with other natural sisters!


Has wearing natural hair has influenced other parts of your life?

Yes, I find myself drinking more water, eating more veggies and fruit.

Post Big Chop!

What are your top three hair products or tools? 

Giovanni Leave-In Conditioner;
Sally Hershbergers Style Primer;
and Argan Oil



If you would like to be featured as a Curlfriend, send me an email at naturallytwistedhairstyles@gmail.com....
You have read this articleCurlfriends with the title CURLFRIENDS: Kisha!. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2012/09/curlfriends-kisha.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Friday, September 28, 2012

Comments "CURLFRIENDS: Kisha!"

Post a Comment