This Smoothie is Perfect - Recipe for Hair or Hunger...

I've been making smoothies almost every day for the past six months now, and I've used all kinds of fruits, veggies, herbs and seeds in the mix. But I had been hesitant to use a fruit that I know and knew had tons of health benefits...the avocado.

When I went on my Middle Eastern Adventure I tried an avocado and banana smoothie and fell in love! It was creamy, rich and delicious. At home I've made this smoothie with variations (with ripe mango or strawberries and adding coconut milk, chia seeds and leafy greens) and its been delicious every time. And every time I drink it, I think - if I added honey, this would taste even better and BE THE BEST DEEP CONDITIONER ever!

So drink this smoothie or use this as a deep conditioner:

1/2 a ripe avocado
1 banana
1 tablespoon of honey
1/2 cup coconut milk (I use unsweetened Almond Breeze or Silk) 

Blend thoroughly....feel free to add strawberries or mango to the drinkable mix. 

As a deep conditioner, use it after shampooing, apply liberally to the hair, cover with a plastic cap for 30 minutes or 15 if using a steamer or other source of heat, and rinse thoroughly.   

Image via droz.com

Here are some links to other, avocado rich recipes (most for hair, one for food):

- DIY: Avocado Masque Recipe

- Recipe: Soften My Strands Hair Masque

- Recipe: Hydrating Hair Masque

- 5 FANTASTIC Fodds for Your Hair Plus Recipes
You have read this articleavocado / conditioner / DIY / maintenance / recipe / Smoothie with the title This Smoothie is Perfect - Recipe for Hair or Hunger.... You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2014/03/this-smoothie-is-perfect-recipe-for.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Friday, March 7, 2014

Comments "This Smoothie is Perfect - Recipe for Hair or Hunger..."

Post a Comment