Challenge: I'm Taking Vitamins...


via medicalarttherapy.com

That shouldn't sound like a big deal, but it is. I hate taking vitamins.  So for me, this is a huge commitment! I'm challenging myself to spend the next 90 days taking pre-natal vitamins and fish oil. I would like to see if it makes any difference in the length and quality of my hair. 

I will continue to try to be better about my food choices, I will continue to try to drink at least 60 oz of non-caffinated beverages daily (1/2 my body weight in ounces) and I will continue to exercise consistently. I'm not going to change my washing, styling, or conditioning of my hair. The only significant changes to my routine will be the addition of the vitamins and supplements - and a few inversion exercises for good measure. 

Let me know if you would like to join me...if so:

1. Take a photo of your hair. It doesn't have to be a length check, but it should be styled in a way that can be easily compared against future photos.

2. Purchase a vitamin - you may want Gummies, Hairfinity, or a no-name pre-natal brand (like me). 

3. Purchase an omega-3 supplement of your choice.

4. Commit to taking one of each daily.

5. Drink ounces of water equal to 1/2 your body weight on a daily basis. 

6. Do an inversion exercise - like leaning forward and trying to touch the ground with your palms for several minutes at a time, several times per week.

7. Take photos at least once per month with your hair in the same style, or a similar style to step 1.

Here is mine - my hair has been re-twisted, trimmed, and deep conditioned in the last week. 


I am not naturally photogenic, and a full- face unstyled twists photo is probably as bad as it gets, so it is a challenge for me to put up this photo....but I digress. This post is supposed to be about the challenge. Please join me.

I'm starting today, but we can make the official start date Wednesday the 5th to give you enough time to get your vitamins. The official end date will be Tuesday, February 6th. 

Send me photos, I can put the up here and on Instagram. Let me know how it's going for you.



You have read this articlechallenge / health / maintenance with the title Challenge: I'm Taking Vitamins.... You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2014/02/challenge-i-taking-vitamins.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Sunday, February 2, 2014

Comments "Challenge: I'm Taking Vitamins..."

Post a Comment