Does Daddy Braid Hair?


Image via Combat Jack a.k.a. Reggie Osse's Facebook Page
I was talking to my big brother the other day about combing my 4 year-old niece's hair. He tries, but it is a work in progress. I told him which products and tools he should have on hand. I have also given him mini-tutorials, but haven't had or taken the time to give him any real and meaningful instruction. My major piece of advice lately has been that he should invest in a collection of barrettes. They make every style better. But the best thing he's done is make an appointment with our sister for an in-depth training session, and I hope that it helps. I also did a YouTube search, and maybe he'll get something from them also.

The conversation got me thinking about my own father and my hair. It didn't take long, because as far as I can recall my father NEVER, EVER combed my hair, or participated in the care and maintenance of my hair.

Image via AJC

Image via AJC
 I've also been taking an informal survey of men to ask if they comb their daughter's hair, or if they don't have children - if they would. It's been interesting. I think that more and more fathers are taking part in the process, or at least feel like they should participate. I've heard potential fathers claim a willingness to try, but I also sense some reluctance - and a little fear. From those with experience, I've heard of daughters crying and or running when it when it was Daddy's turn to style their hair. But fortunately, I've also seen images like the one above, and read stories like this one from the AJC. They all show that with patience, time and practice fathers can create hairstyles to be proud of.

What has been your experience with men and hairstyling? Do you have any suggestions for men trying to learn how to comb and maintain their daughter's hair?


Image via Facebook
Update: My little brother confirmed a piece of style advice - he has brushed his daughter's hair into a classic puff and stated that "It turned out alright." And I agree, when in doubt, a puff will do.
You have read this articlechildren / fathers / hairstyles / help / maintenance / random with the title Does Daddy Braid Hair? . You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2013/08/does-daddy-braid-hair.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Comments "Does Daddy Braid Hair? "

Post a Comment