STUFF I LOVE: C. BOOTH...or Why My Skin Looks Better!

I was at my local Rite Aid on December 31st, and I came across a line of skin care products that I hadn't   tried before: C. Booth. They were on sale, buy 1 get 1 half off. And since I am a sucker for a sale, I decided to buy their Green Apple Microdermabrasion Scrub and their Deep Cleaning Volcanic Mud Mask. I love them both...hence the name of the post.


Anyway, I've been talking about my terrible skin since I did the two-part piece on the oil cleansing method . Like I said in that piece, it didn't work as well for me as I hoped. It seems like the hormonal issues that I mentioned have calmed down, so maybe if I had kept with it, the oil cleansing method would have helped my skin, but I gave up on it and tried something new - the C. Booth products.

I looked at the line, and I appreciated their simple packaging and their  commitment to natural ingredients. I figured that for times when I wouldn't be making my own masks and cleansers, I would use theirs. And so far I am really pleased with the results. I'm not quite prepared for a makeup free reveal, but I will post photos when I feel ready.


Scrub...
The Green Apple Microdermabrasion Scrub is to be used 2-3 times per week. A pea sized amount of the scrub, rubbed into the skin for several minutes, will result in softer, brighter skin. This GRITTY concoction smells wonderful, and it continues to do its job! The ingredients are as follows: Water (Aqua), Pumice, Alumina, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Cyclopentasiloxane, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (Cocoa), Pyrus Malus Fruit Extract (Apple), Lactic Acid, Maleic Acid, Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Propylene Glycol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (Matricaria), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Alcohol, PEG 35 Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Horse Chestnut Seed Extract, Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A) (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), PABA, Inositol, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5) (Vitamin B5), Linoleic Acid, Biotin (Vitamin H) (Vitamin H), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Perfume, Niacinamide, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol. 


Mask....
The Volcanic Mud Mask is supposed to be used twice weekly on clean, dry skin. I use about a dime sized amount to cover my face, wait approximately 15 minutes for it to dry, then rinse it off with cool water. I am then left with skin that feels really clean, soft, and firm. It contains the following ingredients: Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Glycerin, Bentonite, Iron Oxide, Canadian Mineral Clay, Silica, Saccharomyces Silicon, Magnesium, Copper, Iron, Zinc Ferment, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) and a host of extracts.

The two products have worked together to improve my skin's texture, elasticity, and tone. I don't feel as though my skin is as likely to break out, and my dark spots are fading much faster than usual. The products were about $10 each, and I believe that they are well worth the money. I haven't scrubbed off 2012 quite yet - but I am nearly there!

You have read this articleskincare / Stuff I love with the title STUFF I LOVE: C. BOOTH...or Why My Skin Looks Better!. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2013/02/stuff-i-love-c-boothor-why-my-skin.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Comments "STUFF I LOVE: C. BOOTH...or Why My Skin Looks Better!"

Post a Comment