Oil Cleansing Method - Part II

Me - unedited!
And I didn't even choose the
best angles for my skin.
So I've been doing the oil cleansing method for several weeks now. I'm hoping that with a few more weeks, and some adjustments to my routine, I'll be able to share some positive results, but for now, it has been a failure.

Why isn't it working?
  • It could be because I simply haven't been doing it enough. 
I've tried to massage in a mix of Castor and Grape Seed oil, steam my face, then wipe of same and repeat the steps until all traces of dirt and makeup are gone at least once a day, but I do have to admit that I haven't been as consistent as I'd like. I sometimes use other methods or my old face wash. So I may just need to continue on with the process to give it a real chance to work. 
  • It could be that I haven't found the right oil ratio.
As I mentioned above, I've mixed Castor and Grape Seed oils together. I used a 1:3 ratio, and it is possible that I should try 1.5:3. My skin hasn't felt damaged in any way, or dried out, but I may need more Castor oil for the process to work for me.  
  • I may need a different base oil.
I've know that Jojoba is optimal for acne-prone skin, and I have loved it as my go to facial moisturizer over the last year or so. My skin is definitely acne-prone, and the Grape Seed oil hasn't worked as well as I hoped, so I may have to break down and replace the Grape Seed oil with Jojoba.
  • It could be some weird hormonal thing. 
It is possible that this method doesn't seem to be working because of some internal hormonal imbalance. My body has been doing a few odd things lately (including making my skin break out worse than before I started the oil cleansing method), and whatever is causing one issue may  be causing the others. I may have to go to my doctor to see what's going on.
  • I may just be wearing too much makeup. 

I've also been wearing a lot of makeup lately, and although I wash my brushes, and try to remember to wipe it all off at night, it could be the makeup.


Like I said, I'll keep experimenting and keep you updated. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

You have read this articlecastor oil / Oils / skincare with the title Oil Cleansing Method - Part II. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2012/10/oil-cleansing-method-part-ii.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Monday, October 29, 2012

Comments "Oil Cleansing Method - Part II"

Post a Comment