Bantu Knot-out


I recently posted a picture of a gorgeous bantu knot-out done on shorter natural hair on our Facebook page.  I haven't done a full bantu knot-out on Miss A since she was about 4 years old and it didn't go very well but I felt inspired to try it again and although we had some issues this time as well I still love the look and she does too! 

Bantu Knot Instructions:

1. I began by working on freshly washed hair. For her full routine, click here.

 2. Using a wide tooth comb, I parted a medium to large size section by her forehead. I added a small amount of Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer to her wet/damp hair then added a little Bee Mine Curly Butter from root to tip.

3. I began to twist the entire section to the right, all the way down to the ends.

4. Once the entire section was twisted, I started to twist the section into a circle near her scalp. Each time I twisted the section around, I tucked it under the previous one. I tucked her ends under the entire bantu-knot. Please be careful not to twist the section too tightly. I actually hold on to the knot and twist the entire bantu-knot the opposite way just to make sure it's not tugging on her scalp.

 5. There you have it! A bantu knot! Continue parting with a comb and twisting until you're done.

Bantu knots complete!

 The back view.

I gently removed the bantu knots after a few hours. Here's the end result of her bantu knot-out:



I like the results but it didn't come out as I expected. Next time I will work with dry, moisturized, stretched hair (from banding). You can see some of the parts in the back began to frizz up, this is because they were still wet. I will also use less product next time. I'm going to try another bantu-knot out on her within the next month to stay tuned!

Now it's YOUR turn! I'd love to see your bantu knot-out's! If you have pictures, feel free to post them on our Facebook wall. I'd love to see them!

Let me know what you all think of the new look. I changed a few things. Hopefully it's easier to find what you're looking for. I'm still working on it and I'm totally open to suggestions. Also let me know how you like the picture tutorial. Was it helpful or can you do without? 

 Don't forget to like us on Facebook!

You have read this articleafrican american hair / bantu knot-out / bantu knots / biracial hair / black girls hair style / black hair styles / curls / curly / Little Girls Hairstyle / long hair / waves with the title Bantu Knot-out. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2012/07/bantu-knot-out.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Comments "Bantu Knot-out"

Post a Comment