CURLFRIENDS - Brandee!

Fierce!
Meet Brandee, a natural who unintentionally transitioned over the course of a few years.She's naturally creative - and shows it with her hair and clothes.
Why did you decide to go natural?
I "went natural" by accident in 2007. I just started getting weaves and stopped relaxers because weaves were more convenient. I would consider August 2011 to be when I made the choice to begin taking proper care of my hair...which by this point had no relaxer left on it.
What stage of life were you in when you went natural (personally and or professionally) - student, working, in a relationship, parent?
Favorite style - simple but cute
 I was starting a new relationship with my now fiance'. I also just graduated college and was "looking for a job" but really I was finding myself.
What is the best compliment that you've received on your natural hair?
From my fiance', "Babe I liked your hair with the weave but I LOVED it when you had that red fro." And really any compliment I get on my hair makes me happy and appreciative.
Do you have any tips for the newly natural?
A major tip I would give is to start small and don't get caught up in a "natural hair fantasy". What I mean by that is don't say, "I'm going to go natural and be sexy and fierce and have all this confidence and my hair is just about to be BOOM BAM POW down to my butt in a year." Realize that it takes time, it takes patience, and eventually you will have the hair that you desire.
Do you feel like you are part of the natural hair community?
Who? Me!
I would consider myself to be a part of it. I think that just being natural and embracing it makes you apart of this community.
Do you feel like your natural hair has influenced other parts of your life?
Ultimately I believe that after I began taking care of my hair it all just trickled down from there. I went to fashion school so it didn't influence my clothing choices but overall I have seen a transformation. I don't think it's because of my hair but because once I saw that taking the risk with my hair wasn't as difficult as I thought I began to take more and more risks in other parts of my life both personally and professionally.
What are your top three hair products or tools?
Changing it up with twistlocs
Cantu Shea Butter Leave In, Moisturizing spray (water, olive oil, grape seed oil, jojoba oil, and Vitamin E oil), and my bonnet!
Feel free to contact Brandee via:
You have read this articleCurlfriends with the title CURLFRIENDS - Brandee!. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2012/04/curlfriends-brandee.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Comments "CURLFRIENDS - Brandee!"

Post a Comment