Braids To The Side With A Puff

Photobucket

Photobucket


Braids Tutorial:

Start with clean detangled hair. I washed/conditioned Anisa’s hair the previous day using HEHH. I banded her hair for bedtime. I used Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer, Bee Hold Curly Butter, and Deja’s Hair Milk for this style.

Photobucket

  1. When I began this style, Anisa’s hair was still a little damp and not as stretched as I normally prefer. That was okay because I wanted a big puff. I began braiding her hair in the back and secured the rest of her hair with an ouchless band. You will begin your braid on one side and continue the braid to the opposite side. For instance, if you start you braid on the right side, you will continue the braid all the way to the left side. You do not have to complete the braid because the end result is a big puff.
  2. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  3. Continue braiding from one side to the other in your own preferred style. I used plastic clips to keep the extra hair from the braids out of the way.
  4. Photobucket
  5. Continue braiding the hair, adding the luscious balanced cream moisturizer and curly hold butter as you go. I should add that I did not use the hair milk on her braids. I only used it on her puff.
  6. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  7. I ended up with 18 cornrows/braids in all. I divided Anisa’s cornrows/braids into 3 sections (6 braids each) and secured each section with an ouchless band. I used purple ouchless bands to match her outfit. Having 3 separate sections will result in a larger puff.
  8. Photobucket Photobucket
  9. Once she had her outfit on, I added 2 purple curly clips. One clip was placed on top of the middle section, and the other clip was placed on top of the front section. I applied a little bit of the Deja’s Hair Milk to her puffs, fluffed, and I was done!! (Anisa’s top is from Old Navy. It was on sale ($8) when I bought it but its regular price now - $10.50. It matches the purple and white Jordan’s perfectly!)
  10. Maintaining this style: I will moisturize Anisa’s hair as needed, especially at night, with the Bee Mine products. I will use a spray bottle with water to wet her puff so I can detangle it if needed. I will apply the Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer or Deja’s Hair Milk and create a 2-strand twist for each of the 3 sections. I will use Bee Mine Juicy Moisturizing Daily Spritz on her braids. She will sleep with a satin bonnet. In the morning, I will unravel the twists and fluff. I will moisturize as needed. This style could last for about a week with proper care.

Total Styling Time: 1 hour

Products Used:
  • Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer
  • Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter
  • Bee Mine Deja’s Hair Milk
  • Bee Mine Juicy Moisturizing Daily Spritz
  • Ouchless bands
  • A comb for parting
  • Wide-tooth comb
  • Plastic clips (for separating the braids from the rest of the hair)
  • Curly clips

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
With flower clip from Charlotte Russe

Photobucket
Picture from first time I did this style. The flower clip is from Target.
You have read this articlecornrows / puff with the title Braids To The Side With A Puff. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2010/08/braids-to-side-with-puff.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Comments "Braids To The Side With A Puff"

Post a Comment