My Hair Last Week - Somewhat Inspired

So I posted this pic early last week and called it hair inspiration:


I was inspired. Not to try the exact style because I knew that I wouldn't wear it out, so I made modifications. I actually pulled out my rollers twice over the past week. The first iteration included me putting my hair in a ponytail then rolling the ends for an imagined curly bun. It turned into a 70's bouffant/prom hair, but I liked it. I allowed the drop curls to be kind of stacked into my bun. Here are some photos:




Again, not photogenic, but you get the idea. 

Later I disturbed the curls a little and despite sweating it out I wore it like this:


I then decided to roll it all, although I used far fewer rollers than Ms. Dugas. I put it up in another bun. Here are the photos:








After the rollers, I had one more wave of inspiration - actually I just knew it was going to be another couple of bun days, so I changed it up a little by twisting all of the my ends into 5 large double-strand twists. I tucked them under and pinned them down. Here were the results:


The next day I undid the twists, pinned down the hair a little and did a little flat-twist bang.





Let me know what you think, and please forgive me for these photos. I'm going to start setting up my "real" camera, so I can put up decent photos on this blog....and if you would like to find a collection of easy (and cute) hairstyles, find my book, One Hairstyle, Thirty-one Ways, on Amazon.com. 

You have read this articlebun / curls / flat twist / hair inspiration / hairstyle / hairstyles / New Day. New 'do. / newdaynewdo / rollers / twists with the title My Hair Last Week - Somewhat Inspired. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2014/04/my-hair-last-week-somewhat-inspired.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Comments "My Hair Last Week - Somewhat Inspired"

Post a Comment