What is a Male "Natural"? Would You Date One?


Image via hennablogspot.com
 Most men are "natural" right? For the most part, men don't include chemical straighteners or texturizers to their hair routine. In fact, for most men without locs or bald heads, their hair routine is simply wash it in the shower, brush it, maybe use a particular product, possibly sleep with a wave cap, and get it cut regularly by their barber of choice. Simple.

But when a man has hair that is longer than the #8 guard (1 inch), does he automatically become a natural man? What if he has locs? Or an Afro? Of what size? Or does it only count if he has a hair regimen? Would you care if your guy has a wash routine, a conditioner or co-wash of choice? What if he was constantly trying your new products? What if he regularly had his hair styled into coils or twists - and did not intend to grow locs? What if his hair was longer than yours? Could you take advice on how to detangle your hair from your boyfriend or husband?

I really don't know. I personally hate taking unsolicited advice from anyone (although I am guilty of giving it - but that is just another thing for me to work on during my personal quest for perpetual improvement), so I know that I would be annoyed by his helpful hints. But I've never had a significant other with long hair, so it never got to that point. I've gone on dates with guys with hair longer than mine, and it didn't bother me. But for some women in it's a turnoff. I know that at least one of my friends would refuse to go out with a guy with hair longer than her own. And some women find men that spend a lot of time grooming, unappealing. I really don't know. I guess it's a personal choice, but how do you feel, and how do you define a male natural?

What do you think? Have you heard of the Mane Man blog? He has a healthy head of hair and gives hair advice...Check out Bros with Fros and Curls on Tumblr, and the Natural Hair Men blog has men's style tips.  

You have read this articleafro / hairstyles / natural / natural men / random with the title What is a Male "Natural"? Would You Date One?. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2013/08/what-is-male-would-you-date-one.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Saturday, August 24, 2013

Comments "What is a Male "Natural"? Would You Date One?"

Post a Comment