Hair Envy? Teyonah Parris

I remember Teyonah Parris from one of my favorite shows, Mad Men. I saw her and thought that she was pretty, I also thought that it was a shame that she was wearing that wig (as in that particular wig that someone chose for her) on the show. But I figured it is a period show, and that is likely how black women were wearing their hair in the mid-1960's. Anyway - I had no idea about the majesty of  Ms. Parris' hair until this now iconic moment at the SAG Awards:

Image via blackgirllonghair.com

Ms. Felicia Leatherwood, @lovingyourhair on Twitter, is the amazing stylist that created this style. I believe that there are tutorials on this style on Essence.com and Weareonyx.com. She is also the woman behind Jill Scott's hair transformations. So you know that she is creative, and versatile, and imaginative, but I say all of this to say that I am always impressed with her work...But this post is supposed to be about Teyonah Parris, so let me get back to raving about her hair!

I saw this image this morning:

 Image via @tobnatural on Instagram

And I loved her slightly stretched 'fro with the pinned across bang. She looked great. Then I did a little more research. She did a really cute flat twist style that she found on YouTube. It looked liked this:

Image via Teyonah Parris on Instagram

I really like her hair, and the way she changes it up! My motto is "New day, New 'do" (you can find a month's worth of  styles in my e-book, One Hairstyle, Thirty-one Ways available on Amazon) add it looks like she believes in it too! I hope that as we see more and more of her on TV and hopefully in movies and plays, that she brings her big hair, don't care attitude with her! And if you know her hair routine, let me know. I'm going to ask via Twitter, and see what happens....
You have read this articleawards / celebrities / ebook / natural beauty / teamnatural with the title Hair Envy? Teyonah Parris. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2013/03/hair-envy-teyonah-parris.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Friday, March 1, 2013

Comments "Hair Envy? Teyonah Parris"

Post a Comment