CURLFRIENDS: Christy!


Mohawk - Christy's go-to style!
Tell us a little about your hair...
I went natural because I relaxed my hair since I was in middle school and after all those years I needed a change...I had went through so many different styles throughout those years..

I have always styled and dressed my own hair..I have been locking since 2006. I was about 34 years old...My mom said,  "I can't believe you did that to your hair" [while] My hubby said, "OOOH YEAH"! He loved it. Then in the world outside of them I got so many looks, some good some bad. In 2011 I cut my locks off and started all over again Feb 2012. I did the big chop and tried to grow natural without twisting..That did'nt work so I went back to  locs and I am quite pleased with the results.


What has been the best compliment you've received on your natural hair?
1st set of locs
As the locs got longer in 2008 - 2011 I got sooo many compliments about the texture of my hair [and] how pretty it was..The best compliment I received was from a older man and he said I reminded him of someone from South Africa and that my husband was very blessed to have me as his wife.

Has your natural hair has influenced other parts of your life?

In the midst of me styling my own locs I have gained a few customers..When people give compliments I in turn pass them my card..As time goes on and I change my surroundings I am sure that I will gain a lot more customers..I operate under Simply Twisted in Chester,Pa.


Do you have any tips for the newly natural?
Protect your hair at all times my wearing silk scarves wraps at night..Once you have found products that work for your hair stick to them..


Do you have any advice for those with locs?

Please know that no matter what you heard [it has been my experience that] once you are locked you cannot comb them out you will damage your hair, [so] use scissors and cut them off..

Fresh twists on new locs
Pre-BC
What is your go-to style?

My go to style is mohawk, because my hair is the perfect length after a fresh twist. I can just pin my sides up and it instantly changes into a mohawk style..





What are your favorite products or tools?
My product I use and love and stand by is the Jamaican Mango & Lime Locking Creme Wax. It's yellow and smells fruity. It gives my hair so much softness and does well for my baby hairs, and keeps my locs in form after a fresh twist. It really instantly adds moisture to my hair without feeling heavy and gunky like when I tried beeswax..
Cute!

You can follow my new Curlfriend on Facebook:

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/christywhite 

You have read this articleCurlfriends with the title CURLFRIENDS: Christy!. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2013/02/curlfriends-christy.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Thursday, February 21, 2013

Comments "CURLFRIENDS: Christy!"

Post a Comment