It's My Sister's Birthday!

September 2012




It's my sister's birthday!!! My (barely) older sister, Nicola, has been a hair inspiration my whole life. That has sometimes been a help, and sometimes a problem, but when I think back on the stories I realize that they are all pretty similar...
My sister did something to her hair that I thought was cool. I tried to copy it. I ended up looking crazy. I tried again, and I improved. These stories sometimes have an intervening step where I asked her to do it for  me or teach me, and she refused, but we won't dwell...this is a celebration!!!! I learned how to do extensions, trim my ends, and even transition into being natural because of her. She showed me that there are many many ways to wear your hair, and to try as many of them as you feel like trying. She has always been creative and amazing, and I've spent my whole life being impressed with her energy, determination, and style.

Thank you Nicola, for washing my hair for me that month we stayed in Texas, for giving me a faux hawk when I was 10, and for being such a wonderful sister and friend.

BTW, my sister is growing locs.  Here is one of the photos she sent me. I'll do updates as it grows.

Happy Birthday!

You have read this articleinspiration / natural / random with the title It's My Sister's Birthday!. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2012/10/it-my-sister-birthday.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Friday, October 19, 2012

Comments "It's My Sister's Birthday!"

Post a Comment