Ooo La La! ....Je Suis French Braiding

Ok, I don't speak French, but putting my hair in French Braids makes me want to put on a beret and pretend....

I've been doing my hair based on one of my favorite (and easiest) styles lately. French Braids!!!  Mind you, French Braids come in at least two forms (raised/depressed, overhand/underhand) and can be put into many hairstyles. They are versatile in that you can wear them anywhere; and they are forgiving - they look good even when you haven't been treating your hair well. Over the past week or two, I've put my hair in three different French Braided styles, and I have two styles (and a variation) in my e-book, One Hairstyle, Thirty-one Ways.

My first French Braided style was a modification of a style featured in the June or July 2011 Essence Magazine. My earliest attempt was captured on Facebook. (Shout out to my Father for the style suggestion) This time, instead of making the end of the braid a bun in the front of my hair, as it was shown in the magazine, I took the excess and pinned it across the front of my head to make it look a little less avent-garde (More French!!!). I liked it, but I have no plans to make it an everyday style.

Maybe I was channeling a French
Sophisticate...or maybe I was just in a bad mood

And I've been wearing two French Braids as my go to exercise style....

I even wore them (and a hat) at the
43rd Annual Peachtree Road Race

And finally, I did two French Braids again, but this time, with one going from a side part all the way across to the other ear, and the second braid starts from the side part to the back of my head. I joined the two braids and formed a bun with the rest of my hair.




I was looking for a similar style online and came across this photo of Jada Pinkett Smith. As I said in Tracee Ellis Ross and I Have the Same Style, the same style can be done on different textures with very nice results. I hope you decide to experiment on your own braided styles. Bonne chance!!!  Tweet me @naturllytwisted if you have any questions.


According to Essence Magazine, Jada
completed the style with a smooth chignon
Image via Essence.com
You have read this articlebook / hairstyles with the title Ooo La La! ....Je Suis French Braiding. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2012/07/ooo-la-la-je-suis-french-braiding.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Monday, July 9, 2012

Comments "Ooo La La! ....Je Suis French Braiding"

Post a Comment