CURLFRIENDS: Trish!!

December 2010
I met Trish on Facebook when she answered my call for Curlfriends.  Let me know if you are interested in being featured. 

Why did you decide to go natural?



I actually stumbled upon the whole natural hair vibe when I realized that I did not want to relax my hair any longer. My sister had cut her hair and was rocking her natural hair and I loved it. One night while watching tons of YouTube videos about the big chop I decided that I had enough new growth to go for it.  I cut off.all the relaxed, dry, broken-off hair.... And I felt so free. This is what God intended for me and my hair. Yes. 


My natural anniversary is June.26, 2010. I just celebrated.my 2nd nappiversary.


What stage of life were you in when you went natural (personally and/or professionally) - student, working, in a relationship, parent?


I am an entrepreneur, and I.am a single mother of two amazing children...most of all I am free. 


What is the best compliment you've received about your natural hair?


The best.compliment that I.have received is being told that I am someone's "hair crush", and that really motivates me.


Do you have one tip for a new natural?


For all.my new naturals. The best thing that I can tell you is to embrace your God-given beauty. Stand bold and proud in your own uniqueness, and enjoy the journey. It's amazing.   


Do you feel as if your natural hair has influenced other parts of your life? 


Natural hair has definitely influenced all aspects of my life. I am such a different person than I was two years ago. I want the best for my hair, and because it's a part of me, I want the best for me. I have to be healthy and whole, and stress free, and in turn I.get awesome hair and a better me.... The healthier we are the healthier our hair, skin and nails are. I love it so I eat better, and I meditate more and totally try to honor everything that God has given me, and not try to alter it to fit something different than that. 


Do you feel as if you're a part of the natural hair community?


I do feel like I am a part of the natural hair community. I love and.support my sistas. I've made so many connections and I.love that! God is good.


What are your top three hair products or tools? 


I actually make my own products. So my staples are my own Shea and Mango Butter hair yogurt, and an Aloe Vera based leave-in spray. I really try to leave my hair alone and let it do what it's going to do. And the growth has been amazing. 

You have read this articleCurlfriends with the title CURLFRIENDS: Trish!!. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2012/07/curlfriends-trish.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Friday, July 13, 2012

Comments "CURLFRIENDS: Trish!!"

Post a Comment