My Holiday Weekend Hairstyle...(Easter Hair)

Easter wouldn't be Easter unless I tried to look my best for the holiday.This Easter I spent the weekend out of town celebrating with a loved one, but I didn't make any hair plans until the morning of Good Friday. I woke up realizing that my hair was in no shape to travel. I had to figure something out before I left for work and before I got on a plane that night. Lightening bolt of inspiration and I realized that Bantus would be the best bet. I refreshed my hair (made sure it was damp, oiled, and sealed) and did my hair in 12 -14 large two-strand twists that I then wrapped into Bantu Knots and out I went.

I have to pause right here and say that absent the fact that I had to go out of town that night, I would not have gone to work with my hair in Bantus. Although I love the results, I just don't like them for work. (Are there any styles that you won't wear to work? Why not?) I thought that I would be ok on Good Friday because I truly believed that on my casual work day, and a holiday, that I would be quietly sitting in the corner until I could leave for the airport. Unfortunately, it was decided that we would have a meeting that day - so I had to be out and about more than I expected.

Anyway, after I reached my destination, (as in after the plane landed, but before I exited) I undid my Bantus, but left in the twists. I went to the bathroom and pinned them down into a style that I thought would hold. It lasted through dinner, dancing, sleeping, exercising, and getting through the next day.


Easter morning, I took the back of my twists and did a modified French Roll, with the front and sides pinned up. (See first the photo and these pictures below.) How did you wear your hair? And what are your go-to week long styles? 


You have read this articlebantus / hairstyles / maintenance with the title My Holiday Weekend Hairstyle...(Easter Hair). You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-holiday-weekend-hairstyleeaster-hair.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Monday, April 16, 2012

Comments "My Holiday Weekend Hairstyle...(Easter Hair)"

Post a Comment