CURLFRIENDS - Pamela

First twist out
Pamela has spent the last four years being au natural in a sea of relaxers. She did a great job of capturing her "Firsts"... Check out her story and her photos.

Why did you decide to go natural?

I have had a perm since 6th grade (1979) and as I reached my mid 30s, my hair start to thin.  So I decided to go natural in 2010 after continuously trying to make my hair thicker with the perm by using different products. 
 
Big Chop!

What stage of life were you in when you went natural (personally and or professionally) - student, working, in a relationship, parent?
I was a first time parent.  My little girl has very thick hair and it was a challenge for me to groom it on a daily basis.  I did some research and finally decided since she is going through this journey, I should also.
Mini-twists


 


What's the best compliment you've received on your natural hair?  
“You should have went natural long time ago”.

Do you have a tip for new naturals?  

Be patient.  We all have different hair types and you have to try a lot of products in order to get the right product that your hair likes.

First Puff

Do you feel like you are part of the natural hair community? Yes
 
Favorite Style
 










Do you feel that your natural hair has influenced other parts of your life?

Yes.  It has taught me to love myself and accept how God made me.  Also, to accept my kinky curls.
  
Fitst Wash-n-Go

What are your top three hair products or tools?
Kinky Curly Knot Today;
Kinky Crly Custard; and
Terressentials Mud Wash.
You have read this articlebig chop / Curlfriends with the title CURLFRIENDS - Pamela. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2012/04/curlfriends-pamela.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Friday, April 6, 2012

Comments "CURLFRIENDS - Pamela"

Post a Comment