Simple Hair Butter Recipes

I have been hearing wonderful things about hair butters recently.  I am a huge fan of Shea Butter based mixes, and have provided my basic recipe below. I'm giving estimates for the content of my recipe, since I generally do not measure the products before they are added and ususally go by sight based on my desired consistency. Feel free to add more aloe vera gel and oils in order to make it a lighter, thinner mix. In any event, here is my basic (and generally unmeasured) Shea Butter recipe:

Shea Butter (Body and Hair)

My Mix Looks Like This
6 oz. Shea Butter
2 oz. Aloe Vera Gel
2 oz.Olive, Grape Seed, or Coconut Oil
1/2 oz. Jojoba Oil
3-4 drops of Essential or Fragrance Oils (if desired)

Melt butterin a microwave safe bowl at 30-40% power at 45 second increments until softened to the point that it is malleable. (Most would suggest using a double boiler - as I've described in previous recipes, but when I make my butter, I am trying to do it as quickly as possible). Stir in Aloe Vera and your oils of choice. My recipe results in a fairly thick creme (as shown above). This recipe may be whipped if you melt the Shea Butter to the point where it begins to liquefy as opposed to being merely softened. Keep the mix in an airtight container. Click here for image source.

Mango Butter (Skin, Body, and Hair) 

I've also found a simple recipe for a Mango Butter based creme. I've read that Mango Butter contains antioxidants, and that using it as a moisturizer will result in younger and wrinkle free skin. It is supposed to fight stretch marks, assist in the healing of wounds, burns, and various skin problems. It is also known to provide UV protection. Here is an all around Mango Butter recipe to use as you wish!

11/2 oz. Mango Butter
4 oz. of Olive or Grape Seed Oil
11/2 oz. of Beeswax or Carnauba Wax pellets
1/2 oz. of Essential Oils

Melt the Mango Butter on low to medium heat and melt the wax pellets into the butter. Pour the liquid into a glass measuring bowl and add essential oil. Stir it together. If the mixture begins to harden prior to the ingredients being completely mixed, rewarm until liquefied. Pour the mixture into an airtight jar, and keep it out of the light when not being used. Use this light mixture as desired.
I'm looking for an Avocado Butter recipe (to share) because I've heard such great things about it. Do any of you have any Avocado based recipes? Do you have a favorite butter recipe?
You have read this articleDIY / recipe with the title Simple Hair Butter Recipes. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2012/03/simple-hair-butter-recipes.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Comments "Simple Hair Butter Recipes"

Post a Comment