Cornrows, Twists & Beads



Instructions:
  • As always, start with (properly) detangled hair. :)
  • I first parted her hair from ear to ear and tied the back section off. I moved back to the top section and parted a square in the middle. I tied off the section on each side of the square and got started.
  • I began parting hair out of the square to cornrow. I started in the front and stopped at the end of the cornrow, leaving the rest of the hair free. I moved on and cornrowed another section. I now had 2 sections cornrowed, I took those two sections and tied them together with a white rubberband (previously soaked in coconut oil). After tying them together I began twisting them. I did sister twists, otherwise known as rope twists. To create a sister twist, you just turn one section of hair clockwise and the other counter clockwise, then you begin twisting them around one another, continuing to twist them in opposite directions. I rolled the ends of the twists in my fingers and proceeded to add beads with a beader. I tied the ends with a black rubberband (soaked in coconut oil) and moved on to my next section. She had a total of 6 cornrows in the middle square, all tied together to create one twist, so she had 3 twists.
  • After finishing up the middle section, I moved on to the right side of her hair. I cornrowed 4 braids straight back and tied every 2 cornrows together to create the twist, just like in the middle section. I repeated this process on the left side.
  • After cornrowing, twisting and beading the top half of her hair, I moved to the back. I started at the nap of her neck and began parting large squares, I tied them off with white rubberbands and twisted them up, using them same sister twist method. I did this to the back of her entire head.

Note: This style took 1-1.5 hours and lasted just over 1 week. I used the usual, Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer and Curly Butter.



"The quality, not the longevity, of one's life is what is important." — Martin Luther King Jr.
You have read this articlebeads / cornrows / sister twists with the title Cornrows, Twists & Beads. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2011/01/cornrows-twists-beads.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Monday, January 17, 2011

Comments "Cornrows, Twists & Beads"

Post a Comment