Sister Twists with Bantu Knots On The Side

Photobucket

Photobucket


Instructions:
  • As always, start with clean, well moisturized, properly detangled hair.
  • I banded A's hair the night before, so the next day it was slightly stretched out.
  • I began sectioning off the hair on the side so I could make the bantu knots. I tied off the left side of her hair to get it out of my way and started making the bantu knots. I tried parting medium sized triangles. To make the bantu knot I just took the small/medium section of hair and twisted the entire section around, as if I were making a finger coil, I then started twisting the hair all around near her scalp. As you twist, you want to twist the section of hair under the bantu knot. So when I finally got to the end of the bantu knot, I twisted that section under the entire bantu knot so it would stay in place. I hope that makes sense.
  • After I was done with the bantu knots, I began on her sister twists (or rope twists). I untied the left section of hair, and parted small/medium squares starting at the nape of her neck. At this point, you probably know how to do the sister twists but for those of you who do not, you simply section off some hair, split it into two sections, then you begin twisting one entire section clockwise, and the other section counter clockwise, you will then start twisting each section around one another while you continue to twist each section clockwise and the other counter clockwise.
  • I twisted the entire left section and she was all done!

Tools Used:
  • Metal rat tail comb
  • Modified Denman D3 Brush
  • Bee Mine Products (specifically Luscious Moisturizer & Curly Butter)
  • Ponytail holder to tie off left section

Total Styling Time: 2 hours

Photobucket

Photobucket
You have read this articlebantu knots / sister twists with the title Sister Twists with Bantu Knots On The Side. You can bookmark this page URL http://twisthairstyles.blogspot.com/2010/08/sister-twists-with-bantu-knots-on-side.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Monday, August 23, 2010

Comments "Sister Twists with Bantu Knots On The Side"

Post a Comment